Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Local Celebrity

We remembered 9/11 today. I cannot believe that it has only been six years since the attack. It really feels like an eternity since it happened.

At around 8:30 this morning I got an interesting call from Pam. She told me that a local TV reporter wanted to talk to me. I called him and he wanted to do a story about me and my running that morning. I got permission to leave work and meet him down at the park about two hours later. Along the way, I picked up Pam and Lydia as well. He did his interview with me, had me run some, and then interviewed Pam. I thought that story would be one that they put at the end of the news broadcast as just a little filler at the end. Boy was I wrong. Pam ran an errand later in the day and came back to tell me that they were running ads on the radio about the story. When the news started at 6 that evening, I was the top story of the day. Below is the link to story for all those that don’t live in Minot. Just click on the picture of Lydia and me at the top to play the video. You will have to sit through a television commercial at the beginning, but the story will follow.

http://www.kxmc.com/getArticle.asp?ArticleId=161144

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic work Mike! It is certainly a positive inspiration for others.

Genny

Boopisit said...

Mike, keep up the great therapy. It is really great for you and great for your Aunt Betty to read and hear about you....You are truly an inspiration to all...Love to the family, Aunt Betty