Thursday, September 28, 2006

Fargo Marathon

Fargo, ND
Time: 4 hours 21 minutes 40 seconds

I lived a dream today! Today I got the chance to run with Ultra Marathon Man Dean Karnazes. He is running 50 marathons in 50 states in 50 days. Today he ran in Fargo and since it is just a few hours away from my home I had to go run with him. While it is only 11 days since my 1st marathon I felt great. The first couple days after the Air Force Marathon it was uncomfortable to walk though.

The run today with Dean was not a competitive marathon. It was really just a fun run. We started out a a leisurely pace and didn't really take off from there. Most of the day we were running around 10 minute miles. Just like the Air Force Marathon everyone was talking and having a good time. I thought that everyone would want to just talk to Dean along the way. That was not the case. We all spent plenty of time sharing stories with each other. It was a good time had by all. Dean had a crew with him that is making a documentary while we were out on the run. They constantly had a camera on Dean but took a few minutes to interview me as well. They asked me about my experiences at the Pentagon while I was on the run. Not sure how that will turn out. While they were asking me questions I was trying to replace the band aids over my nipples. Kind of funny.

I stayed with the main group until we got to within a couple miles of the finish. My legs were getting stiff on me just like they did at the Air Force Marathon. This time they were not as bad and I was able to run the entire distance. I got to the finish line about three of four minutes behind the main group.

No medal for this one, so I won't count it!

No comments: